Here you can find my progress blog. Check here weekly for updates on my new project!
First character built! The Emissary has been built and almost fully textured
Second character is in the process of being built
Screens and renders will be posted up in the gallery showing progress and final models
Shifting armour achieved on the Emissary, importing it into Maya was problematic
Fingers crossed it will work…
The armour does not work in Maya. the linked objects from Max didn’t transfer properly
I’m going to try rebuilding the whole suit in Maya now with more detail
Made a start on the environment today, just roughing out buildings and bits of rubble.
These will then be converted into DMM objects with Maya so that they can be smashed around
and broken when they get a foot put through them.
Before i build the armour i’m going to build a muscle system that will work on both the
Emissary and the Walking god. Its work well so far, have a screenshot.
The muscles system has not worked. i’ve spent far too much time on it anyway
Time for forget it and get back to unwrapping
The unwrapping is not working, every time I think I’ve done it right it will fail.
I’ll try following another tutorial see if that works out.
The definition of madness is done something the same way over and over and
expecting a different result. this is killing me, I’m going to switch to 3DS Max
Everything is working in Max! Both characters are rigged and textured, ready to start animating
Animations are coming along well, I’ve got the first two parts roughed out
and the 3rd I’ll start at uni, been off with an ear infection but it will be easy
to catch up